Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel pressure is low, only 45, 200k, mlJA: Are you fixing…

Customer Question
Fuel pressure is low...

Fuel pressure is low, only 45

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

200k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Ml(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tried by pass relay and I could here the fule pump run when it is turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I belive the relay is good and the voltage is good also

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
7/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you need to replace the filter and if that doesnt do it then your fuel pump is weak, replace it. thats way low.

sorry the information that I put in was wrong, the actual pressure is 55 and the engine shout off after warm up

ok, 55 is good. how long did it run before shutting off?

about 30 minut on ideal

ok, did you try to start it right back up?

it not start. it crank but not fire up

then it starts when cooled down correct?

it took a while to cool down enough

classic crankshaft position sensor thermal breakdown

how could i confirm this? is there any way to test it?
I mean I don't even know where it is located. I would like to confirm it before tare everything in parts.

sure give me a few to find the test

thanks

heres the location. it sits on top of the transmission where the tranny and engine meet. leave the connector on and back probe the connector while the engine is being cranked and check that it produces ac voltage

thanks, ***** ***** it control ? fuel injector or spark plug or both?

it controls rotation information to the computer to let the computer know the engine is rotating then the computer will command the injectors to pulse and the coils to fire

whiche means the injector will not release fuel when the crankshaft position sensor bad?

yes or when its overheated.

but what could possibly cost it overheated?
looks like the most important is to find out the cause of the overheat.

age, heat,

no thats not the most important thing, ignition components are subject to a lot of heat and over the years they start breaking down

it would be OK if I put a new one ?
I am worry about it may fail again if I could not remove the cause of the overheat

sure, replace it.

would you also provide me the correct fuel pressure for this kind of car and how could I know which part cause the problem? fuel pump or regulater?

I thought you said the pressure was 55 which is good

would crankshaft position sensor controls fuel injector only or spark plug also?
I am trying to find a way to confirm that the position sensor is the problem
the fuel pressure is 55 for a while and I also noticed that the pressure could be very low sometimes
I have noticed that the fuel pressure kind of very low while the engine was cranking but not fire up

ok, you are overthinking things, here. I will open this up o maybe someone else can explain it to you better. good luck

Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need the vin # to get the factory repair information to assist!!

Thanks

1st thing that I need to know is the resistance reading of the fuel pump at the point the relay. I would do a few test today with complete report and contact you later. please let me know if you would like do some test for you to have a batter understanding, I would perform the test and give you the result today.

the resistance reading would vary on electromechanical motors.

what is the exact issue of the vehicle? no start ? scan test performed?

thanks

Where could I buy the scanner
Does it have one could attach to I phone?

As i have asked what is the exact issue with the vehicle please.

If you can help me with what is going on i can help you in fixing.

Thanks

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician