Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

START AND STALL TRYING TO SEE IF ANYWAY TO BYPASS THE MODULE…

Customer Question
START AND STALL TRYING...

START AND STALL TRYING TO SEE IF ANYWAY TO BYPASS THE MODULE FOR THE KEY

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

ITS A 98 ML320 HAS CODE 1570

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
7/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually this is the DAS module that fails under the steering column needing replaced.This was a common issue and has to be ordered in by a dealer per the VIN number for your exact model.

Unfortunately there is no bypass for your model as Mercedes is tight on security and there are no bypass options.Even if you sought out a bypass module for a remote start kit for your model to use it still wouldnt work as the DAS module at fault still causes a no start.

In some cases it is just the key itself needing replaced which also has to be ordered in by a dealer per the VIN.The key may work to lock and unlock the doors but the start signal it sends out when cranking can fail and the key needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete