Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake light on saying to go to dealership but brake and

Customer Question
Brake light on saying...

Brake light on saying to go to dealership but brake and rotors and sensors are replaced now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

I empty reservoir 3x and refill to the right level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

E 320 v6, 2003 and now it says no esp available

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only a I have light indicator on dashboard , and it needs brake pads ( worn )

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No much more

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
7/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On this model your brake system is a electronically controlled brake system called the SBC brake system.This system uses its own battery which is located on the passenger side under hood usually under the combination filter.This battery is very small.If this battery fails or the SBC control unit fails or any of the brake sensors not related to the brake pad wear sensors, fails then this can cause this light to come on like you see here.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using either a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set or a dealers sds machine plugged into your vehicle.

Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.The esp message and brake light are both related with the same fault that is occuring causing both of these messages to come on and the codes do need read out to help locate which component needs replaced.

If it is the SBC control unit I know in the past Mercedes extended the warranty for life on it and a dealer would replace it at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much for effort. One problem for me is finally I have to go to dealer to get the job done. I think it will be simple staff I have to do but not, so definitely I will go to spend more money in dealer. I called also Dealers technicIans they said I have to buy special scanner named (W211 SBC MERCEDES BENZ touls.) . Agodoh

Your welcome

Unfortunately with an issue like this here this usually does have to be diagnosed and tested by a dealer or repair facility that works on Mercedes near you.There are some things unfortunately that we cannot do here and you cannot do yourself without using the SDS machine at a dealer.If it is the SBC brake control unit at fault it may still be covered by warranty from a dealer at no charge to you.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete