Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Got 2012 mercedez benz c250 first every time is cool make a…

Customer Question
Hi got 2012 mercedez...

Hi got 2012 mercedez benz c250 first every time is cool make a bad noise on the front of the engine we take to the mercedez benz dealer and found the camshaft actuator make some noise the exhaust im automechanic i change the intake and exhaust actuators and chain tensioner i buy the special tool to keep the camshaft on the same position i finish the job we drive the car for 3 days i put all most 300 miles now i got this code poo14 is shaking and jerking i don't know whats wrong any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes no more noise the only thing is the code and is shaking jerking take some time to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i need to know what next on this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
7/30/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 6 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

The code poo14 is telling you that the camshaft position timing over advanced / system performance.

This can also be lack of oil to the vvt.

Change oil and filter with good oil and not cheap oil.

Hi I remove the valve cover last night I check my marks the intake and exhaust camshaft actuators my marks looks perfect the ot mark in the crack pulley but still send me the same code I change the oil syntetic oil Mobil 5w 30
Where's the vvt valve on this MERCEDEZ?
Hi can you ask my question the car is Monterey California I drive all way done to check up now I'm ready to came back to Sacramento I like to fix this car this morning thanks Malcolm

The vvt is the camshaft sprocket itself. It is controlled by oil pressure thats why i suggested changing oil.

You may have to renew vvt sprocket to stop it advancing too much.

Ok when'd I change the oil was very dirty you think if I still drive with the code is going to damage something else
If my marks looks perfect on the top and bottom you think this problem is related on the oil pressure or the camshaft sensor?

I would put an oil additive in the engine to clean the parts.

Then drain and renew oil again if the oil was that bad.

what you definetly dont want is the vvt advancing so much a valve touches a piston.

Rectify the problem before you drive far.

I Change the oil twice the first time I use syntetic oil German brand the second time I put Mobil oil 5w30 what kind addictive you recommend for this mb.

you need to add an oil cleaner to remove any build up in the engine.

Any additive you suggest?

FORTE oil additive.

Where I can get this additive napa?

get it where you bought the oil and filter.

Ok let me try that I get back to you thanks

keep me informed.

You think Lukas syntetic additive is good for this mb I can't find forte additive?

yes it will.

Read the instructions ,some just idle for half an hour and some you can drive for a while then drain.

This is trial and error ,you might still have to renew vvt sprocket but this is a cheaper option to try first.

What's the vvt sprocket where's located?
You got any pictures?
The camshaft actuators bracket I replace the exhaust and intake because the exhaust make a bad noise when'd is cool
Hi we done ????

Hi

i am sorry my internet has been playing up.

The vvt sprockets are on the camshafts.

the valve timing must be incorrect.

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician