Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2013 mercedes sl550. I used the ket in the fob to

Customer Question

I have a 2013 mercedes sl550. I used the ket in the fob to open the door and the car alarm went off an I am now locked out of my car and do not know how to get into it. Just bought car and unfamiliar with all the systems?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: The fob was working fine it let me in the car and then i decided to pull the key out of the end of the fob and try it in the door. It unlocked the door but the car alarm went off and now it appears to have locked me out?
JA: Are you fixing your SL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought the car yesterday. was simply opening the door to put an insurance card in the car. I decided to try the key in the door to open it instead of the fob. apparently that was a mistake
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i am sure it something dumb but I do not know much about mercedes. my first one. thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key fob as well as inserting the key into the ignition for several minutes on and off and see if it then corrects this fault here.Usually one of these will correct this issue.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete