Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2005 E320 cdi a/c challenge. replaced waterpump, checked to

Customer Question
2005 E320 cdi a/c challenge. JA...
2005 E320 cdi a/c challenge.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: replaced waterpump, checked to make sure a/c was working properly before re inserting the plastic shroud/fan. the next morning (cool day) checked to see if a/c was working ok and all I got was five red flashes on activation switch. checked to see if I plugged the fan in and I had not. Motor didnt get how nor was it a hot day or long period of operating without a fan. Assume computer detected the fan was not connected and disconnected a/c system How do I reactivate a/c system on this car to make sure heat switch has not gone bad?
JA: What year is your Challenge?
Customer: 2005 e320 cdi diesel
JA: Are you fixing your Challenge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: couldnt find anything on this model on chat.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wanted to see if I could reactivate system before taking to a mb shop.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
7/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Hello I'm Wolfgang. I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist. Thanks
WDBUF26J95A687457

the climate control module will lock itself out not allowing the a/c to operate . the only way is to have the vehicle scanned by factory scan tool to verify this and clear the faults . note may have other faults causing this and you need to be aware , jot the codes and clear so you have a base line and rescan to see which codes do come back!!

Will take it to me shopTks

my pleasure !!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician