MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

It's stuck in low gear. Goes into park and reverse and

Customer Question

it's stuck in low gear. Goes into park and reverse and neutral fine.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: no fluid leaks. Miles- around 250,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: we replaced the transmission 2 years ago. 2002 E320 wagon
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened in the last 30 minutes. I was going to check the transmission fluid, but...no dipstick.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing that I can think of. Is this a paid service?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

The first thing to do is get a dip stick for that, you can buy them online or at Mercedes