Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2008 s550 4matic replaced the compressor. now the clutch

Customer Question

2008 s550 4matic replaced the compressor. now the clutch wont kick in. do and how do you reset the ac system?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no not right now.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there is a fault code set in the ac climate control panel on the dash this will disable the compressor from turning on until you have the fault codes cleared out/erased with a compatible scan tool that can plug into your vehicles data port and can communicate with the climate control panel or a dealers sds machine.This is the only way to clear the codes to get the compressor to kick on and start working again.

Even if you tried to disconnect the battery the climate control head stores the code info on a separate internal power source so it may not work to reset the system.You can try but usually this does require a compatible scan tool to do this unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?