Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2007 Mercedes Benz ML 320 CDI - The rear view

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Mercedes Benz ML 320 CDI - The rear view mirror will not stay stationary - I position it and it will eventually move which is becoming somewhat of a safety issue when I am driving.. The Mercedes dealership says they can adjust/tighten it and it will cost $1400 to replace - is there anything I can do or use to tighten it?
JA: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?
Customer: ML 320 CDI
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself but would consider taking it to someone who can - I see no way to adjust it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

may i have your vin please to check the oem part number and see if there are ways to tighten it, i know in some older ones there are some ways to stiffen up the ball socket inside the housing, I will see what we can do for this, Lou P