Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Bas/asr light on no accelerator. 1999 c200. Changed

Customer Question

bas/asr light on no accelerator
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1999 c200
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed accelerator position modual
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked this has to be done first.Having the codes checked will help to locate the component at fault that needs repaired or replaced since there is a large number of components that can act up or fail and causes this issue here.

This may be a fault with the accelerator pedal sensor needing replaced or the actuator ( if this was not already replaced) but may also be a fault with wiring to one of these components or the engine computer itself.These are the most common causes for this issue.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help.If not then a shop or dealer or someone with a scan tool or dealers sds machine will need to check the fault codes then the codes can be diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?