Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Recently changed the battery, then it would crank and not

Customer Question

Recently changed the battery, then it would crank and not start. Had a similar problem before and it was the overvoltage protection relay. Changed that and it started first try. Once. Now it is cranking again with no start.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes, about 4 years ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1987 560SL
JA: Are you fixing your 560SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just those two things. At $40 a pop I am leary of putting another relay in.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

have you rechecked the fuse at the over voltage protection relay?

since you replaced it and it started either the fuse blew or the connections are corroded and you got intermittent contact.

check the fuse and the terminals of the connection and see if there is corrosion, let me know and I will do what i can to help you.

Lou P.