Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Just looking for the fuse to the security system, 2001 S500.

Customer Question

Just looking for the fuse to the security system
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: 2001 S500. There is a short in the electrical system somewhere. I have heard there are three different fuse boxes. Two in the engine compartment and one in the trunk. My objective is to pull the fuses to identify the circuit. Is there a master fuse for each fuse box?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Gary the fuse boxes are on the left and right side of the engine bay and one under the back seat on the passenger side. you can access it from the plastic cover with the light in it near the heels of the feet where the passenger would sit.

fuse 62 is for the PSE module that is responsible for the alarm and door locks. hope this helps.

if you would like detailed fuse charts please let me know and i can email them to you. there will be an additional charge but i can get you the info if needed.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified