Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

I have a problem with my 1999 SL500 FOB key. It does not

Customer Question

I have a problem with my 1999 SL500 FOB key. It does not work. The batteries have been replaced, the FOB has been taken apart by a technician and it still doesnt work. The technician says that it might be the computer card inside the FOB. What can I try?
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: On the batteries, yep.
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive tried to do a couple of things from blogs. Like pointed the FOB in front of a mirror to attempt to reset the FOB, but it did not work. I tried to synchronize the door locks with turning on the car and turning it off but neither steps work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The FOB IR light is not visible but i dont think it is supposed to be.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 2 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You