Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The key fob will not lock all 4 doors it is only unlocking

Customer Question

The key fob will not lock all 4 doors it is only unlocking the front passenger door
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes. It wasn't working at all and we replaced the battery and now it unlocks one door.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1997 e420
JA: Are you fixing your E420 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done lots of googling. Sadly! I have replaced the battery. I have confirmed the infrared light is working. I am now looking to find which fuse is the centeral locking fuse and the antenna something fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if the locks are only working on one door that tells me that the elements may be leaking. you will want to remove fuse 5 from the fuse box under the back seat. then reinstall it and see if the locks work. if they do that means that the doors have leaking elements and the pump locked out function to those doors. hope this helps, please let me know what kind of info you are looking for and I will help,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech