FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My key won't turn in the ignition, Key not worn or damaged.

Customer Question

My key won't turn in the ignition
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Key not worn or damaged. Drove it this morning then got back in and the key won't turn.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2002 s500 Mercedes
JA: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Charged the battery,and that's it. I can't lock and unlock the car with my keyless knob
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the battery you replaced is not the vehicle battery then that needs to be checked. If the vehicles battery is low then this will occur. If the battery is low in the key then that can cause this also. If both the battery in the key and the battery in the vehicle are fine then most of the time the issue is in the electronic ignition switch. I have seen these fail many times. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.