Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My alternator is not charging the battery although the

My alternator is not...

My alternator is not charging the battery although the alternator is test that it is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I just perched the battery I will check it now though.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2003 S500 4matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am looking for a diagram of the fuses... I can't seem to find one... My front cigarette light went out because a penny flipped into it so I'm thinking the fusible link is bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that's all.

7/24/2017
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info is not showing a diagram of this but your alternator feeds and receives signals through the right front sam control unit ecu.This is the right under hood fuse and relay panel.Make sure all wiring is o.k. and that all fuses are o.k. and make sure all relays are seated.If these are all o.k. the right front sam control unit may need replaced and programmed.This sam can fail and causes this fault here in some cases.Try tapping on each relay in it one at a time and see if it then starts to work.If it does then the relay you tapped on needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Can you tell me where I can find the diagram for the fuse boxes.... I don't have them any where in the car... I think if I could find those I would be ok.

I apologize for the delay.

You can get the complete wiring diagram of your vehicle and its components as well as the fuse charts from the link below.They do charge a small fee but the fee is good for one year.You can also order in a fuse chart from a local dealer in most cases as well.

https://www.alldatadiy.com/

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic