Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2008 smartcar gear shift stuck in park, no brake lts, not

Customer Question
2008 smartcar gear shift stuck...
2008 smartcar gear shift stuck in park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: no brake lts
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: not sure - probly passion
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: myself but no success
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
7/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With what you have described here with no brake lights as well as the shifter not coming out of park this sounds like the common fault with the brake light switch.The switch assembly is located under the vehicle on the drivers front side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwo81r45qdtr2fc/b-07-24.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hghvbymok5sjpbb/br-07-24.gif?dl=0

The part number and cost:

(###) ###-#### $33.50 and less then a half hour to have it replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic