sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

E430 runs great except when weather gets hot. After about

Customer Question

e430 runs great except when weather gets hot. After about one hour in hot weather the engine will stall out when gas pedal is depressed after stop. Check engine light comes on and then goes off.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: intially blink, then solid on, then off
JA: What year is your E430?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your E430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace two oxygen sensors. Mechanic keeps focusiing on injector and coils because that is what codes say. But I think that is result of problem not cause
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after this happens, turning off engine waiting a few seconds then restarting will cause the car to go again. after letting it sit for an hour car runs great again. i can hear fuel pump continuously priming engine when stalling
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you hear the fuel pump running continuously when it will not start then I'd first suspect an issue with the engine controller itself, but it's going to require some testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure.

Do you know what P codes are currently setting?