sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2007 s550 drivers side window will not go down? is there

Customer Question

my 2007 s550 drivers side window will not go down? is there a manual reset procedure? All other windows work
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, fixing myself. I have not tried anything yet. looked into if its a fuse, but saw fuse controls the whole door module and the rest of the window switches are working, so likely not a fuse. Also saw could need a software update, or may need a control module reset, both of which need plug in to star machine,which I would like to avoid if I can fix myself. thats where i am thinking a manual reset procedure possibly?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that it thanks,
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of tings that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on. You can try a battery disconnect or unplugging the module itself but I wouldn't expect that to change anything.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel and use a test light to check for power and ground at the motor while pressing the window switch. If ok then the motor has failed.

If a test light will not light when set up across the motor's connector terminals then you have a wiring, module or switch issue and deeper testing will be required.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!