Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

This question is for Lou P only, I have a 2000 S500 and I am

seeing a greenish/yellowish type of...
This question is for Lou P only, I have a 2000 S500 and I am seeing a greenish/yellowish type of oil on the ground when I park it. It is in the right front corner of the vehicle, and I just found out that the air strut over there is not holding air. My question is, could this have caused another problem as a result, and tore a hydraulic line somewhere? I would like to find out before I get stuck on the road.
7/18/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

sounds like the shock portion of the air strut is leaking as well. sometimes the solenoid that is attached to the side of the strut rusts and fluid leaks out of there.

let me know if i am on Par, Lou

Just looked at the shock, and the oil is in fact concentrated in that area. Good, that puts my mind at ease. Thank you for your expert advice!

not expert, just knowledgeable, appreciate the comments my man, let me know if I can help in any other way.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician