Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  master tech benz ase cerified L1 and L2
19871424

My 2010 glk 350 was running fine. Then after going to a

Customer Question

my 2010 glk 350 was running fine. Then after going to a store the key was turned and the car seemed dead. A service tech replaced the battery ,but it still does not start the car when the key is turned . nothing happens
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I tried both keys neither worked. I did not try the steering wheel because the motor was not running
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?
Customer: glk350
JA: Are you fixing your GLK350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery was installed the old one was 4 years old. Other then that nothing. It just seems dead. The doors and interior lights all work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

There can be couple of things to cause this . the most common issues is the steering column lock or the EIS(ignition switch)

This diagnosis and replacement Must be done at the MB dealer because if one of the 2 parts has failed it needs to be programmed afterwards with the factory scan tool connected to MB server in Germany to configure the system again.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang