TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Got the code 1322-001 for the airmatic, just found your page

Customer Question

Got the code 1322-001 for the airmatic, just found your page here and some tips for troubleshooting.Great!
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes, but it do not t read that kind of codes got the code from MB shop
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 200 500s 2000
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Planning to fix it myself yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: checking out the right strut first and the contacts
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

1. Check wiring from the inner fender to the bottom of the strut. The damping valve is part of the strut.

2. Check the strut electrical connection in the wheel well. Any corrosion or looseness in the connection will cause these codes to come back.

3. Check the internal resistance of the #1 and #2 axle damping solenoid valves. Resistance specifications are 10-16 ohms.

4. If wiring and strut is OK then inspect electrical connections on top of the airmatic control unit.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am an heavy vehicle mechanic with > 40 yrs experience. This is my first MB. I was thinking the problem was within that part of the strut. Working on it right now.

sounds good take your time ill be around,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also have a fault code on left sidedoor airbag B1867-004...any idea?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What type of scanner would you recommend for reading and deleting all kind of fault codes for this MB?

I like snap-on they have a good product and it can do just about anything, but its $$$$$$$$, im lucky where I work has one, My home scanner is a autel, it does pretty good for the price, and im looking up that code now

http://www.usatoolwarehouse.com/usatoolwarehouse/AUL-MS906.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwt7EtqmG1QIVEUwNCh3-UAGFEAYYBSABEgKFC_D_BwE

1. Connect a scan tool and monitor the air bag squib with data screen. This should show if the circuit to the air bag in question is currently faulty or not.

2. Remove the door sill plate on both the passenger and driver sides. Pull the carpet back to access the wiring harness casing. Find the Yellow air bag wiring connectors for the front door air bags. Wiggle the connectors and wiring while watching the scan tool data screen.

3. Remove the ignition key and perform any wiring repairs with approved parts. Remove the connector from the circuit and hard wire the wiring. Recheck the air bag circuit with scan tool to verify repair.

4. Read service bulletin P-B-91.60/49 for information and further repair instructions.

5. Look for other connectors in the doors. Follow the wiring harness from the airbag into the passenger compartment to find harness connectors. Factory information on locations is not always correct.

6.Wiring connectors in the air bag circuits going to all doors should be repaired even if no problems with other wiring connectors are found currently. If wiring repairs do not fix the fault code, use scan tool data to help isolate any further wiring problems in the harness before replacing any parts, due to the most common failed part with the air bag system being poor wiring connections.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. I also have a intermittent problem with the turn signal in the left mirror, maybe a common connector problem somewhere from door to cabin

did you get everything figured out with the other things?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still checking out the solenoid on the right strut
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll let you know when I checked it out. Can I return on this topic after a day or so, or will I have to start over again?

oh no this will stay open for a week or so, in the meantime if your happy with my service a 5 star rating would be much appreciated, it will not close out our conversation or make any extra charges. And we can continue to talk and figure out whatever you may need.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. I understand. Thank you.

No prob ! and good luck with the repairs!