Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Do the bolts on the intake and exhaust manifold need to be

Customer Question

Do the bolts on the intake and exhaust manifold need to be torqued? 1990 300 SL mercedes
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler 300. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: It is a 1990 Mercedes 300 SL
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

The intake should be torqued to 19 ft lbs and exhaust manifold should be torqued to 22 ft lbs. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Dan, what are the torque specs for a 1990 Mercedes 300 SL M104 exhaust manifold and intake manifold bolts
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you.
Just the torque specs in ft. Lbs.
For the exhaust and intake manifold bolt
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Website must have offered phone call, that has nothing to do with me. The intake should be torqued to 19 ft lbs and exhaust manifold should be torqued to 22 ft lbs. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks very much for your help
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a good evening!

Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

Please don't forget to rate answer, you can still reply at any time with follow-up questions even after rating. Thanks.