Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Engine miss fire detected. We have changed the maf and all

Customer Question
engine miss fire detected JA: How...
engine miss fire detected
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: we have changed the maf and all the plugs
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2000 clk55
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yep am a certified mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
there are 68000 on the vech.
6/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to pull up the factory information

Thanks

wdblj4g51f178669

please double check the vin !! it is short one digit!!

wdblj74g51f178669

have you isolated which cylinder is misfiring ?

please do let me know

p0305,p0306,p0301.p0307
also I get a stft b1 s2 n/a

what scan tool you have ? make and model?

OK look what difference does that make it is a live data that is how I was able to tell you about the STFT B! S2 N/A
it is a innova 1403 live data

certain scan tools can see each cylinder to narrow the misfire to a cylinder . if one cylinder is misfiring constant the other cylinders may report misfire and set the codes for that particular cylinder .

what i'm trying to get is to narrow down the misfire and then swap coil from one cylinder to another and then see if the misfire changes from one cylinder to a different cylinder.

i do not know if that tool you have can do that or not . you will have to see if you can get that info .

please do let me know!!

thanks

its random if it had of stayed on one cylinder I would have already swapped it to another cylinder to check it. But it don't so that is out.
also this is not something that came on gradual drove the car into work went out to go to lunch and it was misfiring and has been every sense.

what happens if you introduce some extra fuel like carb spray does it correct it self in running? are you positive that all the wires are seated and placed in the correct plug ? since this is a 113 motor there are 16 plugs and the wires can be crossed.

wires are correct and it is a closed system sense it is direct port injected we cant shoot spray straight to it.

remove the air filter/ engine cover and shoot in the mass air flow sensor.

Alright spraying carb spray makes no difference and there is 50 psi fuel rail pressure.

have you removed the plugs again to see if a piece of carbon stuck between electrode and ground bar ? and while plugs out compression check .

has great compression and is pretty even just a few pounds difference between plugs are clean no fod or damage.

what is your mixtures at idle and part throttle? can i have a pic of each bank valve cover including the plug wires please so i can see what you are seeing?

thanks

this is getting me know were fast and is a waste of my time thanks I am finished with this

i'm sorry you feel that way but i have to cover the basics first .

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician