Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

The rubber seal above the windshield becomes loose after

Customer Question

The rubber seal above the windshield becomes loose after sitting in the sun and will flap while driving. Is there a better way to secure this rubber strip?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2012 C250
JA: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started and should be under warranty. All I have done is stuff the strip back into it's groove. A secondary problem is I have glue on the roof of the car. Do you recommend something to clean off the glue?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 4 months ago.

Hello, let me check some info. Please stand by.

Apparantly that is a very common issue with newer benz. It does not need to be replaced. Just put some weatherstripping adhesive and put it back. That will take care of it. It is not covered under warranty. To get the glue off the roof there is a treatment available called "Goo Off". That wioll take it right off.

Do you hava any other questions?

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer