Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a Mercedes e350 convertible and the aircap wind

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Mercedes e350 convertible and the aircap wind deflector will not close. This just started today. It tries to go down and then pops right back up even when the roof is closed. Am I doing something wrong?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It's not a noise. The aircap wind deflector on the windshield will not close.
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, i'm just troubleshooting to see if i'm doing something wrong
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it. I'd like to know how to close the aircap The button on the console usually has 2 red lights. It's stuck on 1 red light no matter how many times I press it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the first thing i ask is was anything spilled near the aircap switch?

if not then the issue can be the aircap switch or the aircap itself.

another important factor is if the parking brake is applied the windscreen stays up in order to be able to clean it, its a built in feature.

but besides all of this the problem can be the switch or the aircap itself you just need a mercedes scanner hooked up to the car to see if the switch is being constantly activated or if the aircap can be retracted with the scan tool. hope this helps, please let me know if you need any more info or help , I am not sure what kind of info you are looking for so if there is anything additional please let me know. I am here to help,

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified