Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2000 S500 Mercedes. Transmission bumps hard when changing

Customer Question
from 2 to 3rd and...
2000 S500 Mercedes. Transmission bumps hard when changing from 2 to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. I changed the Transmission Adapter Plug; With O-Rings but that didn't do it. Any idea
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: I had transmission serviced about 2 months ago. and We checked fluid and it is full.
JA: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I had Mercedes mechanic do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just hard bump when going into gear. Sometimes I let off the gas somewhat and it shifts. It seems to be getting worst
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
6/15/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

HI, my name is***** this problem you should get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to check for any fault codes stored in the engine or transmission control module. Any codes will need to be rectified prior to proceeding. Next step would be to have the transmission adaption values erased and have the transmission shifts readapted. This will usually smooth out the shifts as long as there are no underlying problems with the transmission itself.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I would like my money back.
I already knew what you said. That didn't help me.
Credit the $5 and do not charge my card anymore

ok

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician