Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Have a 2003 that will not start place key in and gives the

Customer Question

Have a 2003 that will not start place key in and gives the normal sound of placing the key is in the ignition nothing else happens
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The battery is fairly new checking the connections
JA: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: placed the key in placed the car in neutral and the key will not turn and the wheel is locked
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: checking the battery before you dispatch me
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

of course we always need to make sure we are working with a fully charged battery, next it would be nice if you had 2 keys, that is the best way to test if the issue is the key or if its the ignition switch. .

so let me know if you do and if you tried a second key and the result.

Lou P