Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2009 Mercedes Benz SL 550 and the lumbar controls

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Mercedes Benz SL 550 and the lumbar controls don't work. The power light comes on but no movement in the seats. Both driver and passenger side. Any thoughts?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the light that's on the lumber control unit.
JA: What year is your 550?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just bought it used about a month ago. The seller tried resetting a module in the trunk . We bought it anyway in spite of the seat.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes will fix it myself I can.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am going over your info and will reply soon with some info, thanks!, Lou P

it sounds like the PSE pump has detected a failure with the air system and cut off function to the seats, the most common issue is a broken vacuum line under the seat where the wiring comes through the carpet.

that is the first thing I would look for is that yellow plastic tube that comes from the carpet to the seat area.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

If you have never used our site before and have questions please let me know, once we send you a official "answer" you must either reply back if that was not helpful and ask for more info so I can help or you rate the service to credit me for helping and let me know if that info was helpful, thanks !