Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Can u fix. Entrance position do not drive warning, 2001

Customer Question

Can u fix . Entrance position do not drive warning
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2001 s500
JA: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just moving it up and down
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anybody there
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** this problem you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to initialize the pre-safe feature on the S class. Even though the car says "do not drive" you can safely drive the car to the shop to reinitialize the pre-safe. The procedure involves initializing the seat, steering column and sunroof.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I knew that allready going to the dealer . I thought you guys can fix it
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

I'm afraid that without the tester there is not much you can do. Sometimes you can run the seat all the way forward then all the way back and continue to hold the switch an additional 3 seconds after the seat reaches the end of it's travel. Do the same with the headrest and the steering column and the sunroof. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes tester.