Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Car is off with key out of ignition, but all dash lights

Customer Question

Car is off with key out of ignition, but all dash lights including all warning lights stay on. And there is a sound from the engine compartment like some kind of auxillary motor might be running. But I just drove for an hour and it will not start. Nothing.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 e320
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually I was trying to sell it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

did the car get washed or rained on before this happened?

can you open the engine hood and check to see if the fuse box cover on the drivers side was installed correctly?

also check for traces of water on the fuse box and fuses. that is what sounds like happened to me, if not we can continue to see what may have happened. Lou P