How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lou P. master tech Your Own Question
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 4790
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
Lou P. master tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2005 W203 C240 RWD wagon. I am unable to find the

Customer Question

Good Morning. I have a 2005 W203 C240 RWD wagon. I am unable to find the stop light switch. I have the under dash panel off, and the switch is not visible. Am I looking in the wrong place? The part is an "OEM" replacement stop light switch.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Not talking about the lights - it's the stop light switch.
JA: Are you fixing your C240 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am - the issue is intermittent ESP/ brake wear visit workshop - car then goes into limp mode.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it!
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.


Ok, I have attached an actual photo of location with the switch circled in white.

It is almost at the very top of the brake pedal and bracket assembly. You have to either lay on the floorboard and look up with a flashlight to see it, or be outside the car and lean in and look up behind the dash to see it.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.
Hello that answer is incorrect , on your model the system uses a pressure switch located on the mater cylinder . I will upload a photo.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.
Here is a picture of the switch location .