Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My 2008 C300 screen goes black after it blinks a few times.

My 2008 C300 screen goes black after it blinks a few times. I can still use command but I can't see the screen
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. I'm hoping I can fix it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My drivers side window also won't go up with one touch. It goes down with one touch but I have to hold it to put it up.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what we need is a scan with Star Mercedes diagnostic scanner to retrieve fault codes and narrwo it down

But lets try this first & we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Far

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried what you said and it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

I m sorry to hear that , we have a an electrical , short , module backed out pins ,loose ground ,the problem area is extensive to tell you one specific thing

we have send theses screen out for rebuilt before , i have replaced bus lines on them , pins & replaced ground at door connection for a broken wire so it will be a guess on my part with out further testing ,but several test using a scanner should be done to narrow it down

the window and screen issue could be related if this happened at same time

on the window did you try holding the window switch in up or down position for more than 10 secs

i looked up tsb and recalls on this year make & model there is none on that specific issue you describing ,

I would suggest a Star diagnostic scanner and post the fault back to me i can help you further

on it , sorry these newer cars, when it comes to electrical & electronics with out a capable scanner you are limited to what you can do other than checking fuses & battery check

if you do get it scanned and retrieve fault codes post them back here for me & ii can help you further on it and be more accurate

Please Don'T Forget To Rate Me Before You exit Since That is How we get Compensated for our time :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat