Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have c230 sport mb ..I hooked up to obd2 code reader

Customer Question
.codes p0015 p0011 p0025 p0021...p0410...
I have c230 sport mb ..I hooked up to obd2 code reader .codes p0015 p0011 p0025 p0021...p0410 and p0562 .. I'm fimiliar with car what could be issues wanted to know of underlying code issues ? Thank you and u are blessing
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

CAM SOLENOID BULLETIN

CLICK THAT LINK above, it is the bulletin for the cam solenoids and the P codes that you have some of. let me check out the others.

P0410 is for the secondary air injection system which is the system for heating up the catalytic converters. the common issues are

• failed pump
  • failed relay
  • cracked plastic hoses from the intake to the solenoid
  • clogged valves on each head, there is one in the front of the passenger side head and 1 on top front of the drivers side head

p0562 appears to be low voltage in the transmission. that can be ignored if you can erase the codes and recheck. depending on the scanner you have you may not be able to completely erase the codes . hope this info helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Hello ..so your saying it's my transmission causing low volts to alternator and battery .. car will die u der 11.2.. if I keep driving it it get worse Andrew​ At 9.2 car dies ?? Also it shows alternate bad on .g cheap alternator tester ..also does mb c230 have bad strut or shock design. ..if I drive over small bump it so loud ..clunk !! Also are my camshaft sensors bad or magnets or is it a other under lying issue ??

ok so replacing the camshaft magnets will fix those codes, of course make sure that the oil used after an oil change is mobil1 0w-40

for the cluck its usually sway bar links and or sway bar bushings. but yes the struts are problematic as well, the strut mounts make noises usually when turning.

for the low voltage all I was saying is that the transmission has a code for low voltage, the transmission will not cause a low voltage issue itself.

if the alternator was not charging then i would replace the alternator with new, not rebuilt. rebuilt never seems to work in mercedes.

make sure the wire at the small connection of the alternator has power when the car is turned on and the engine is running.

i did see the codes in your picture. not sure the scanner you are using or what not but some scanners would not pick up all the possible codes, you may want to have the car scanned with a better scanner.

hope this helps. your issues are common and easily fixed. no worries.

Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Customer if you need any more help please let me know and I will surely help, I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Lou P.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician