Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Have a GL450, pushed the hatch up past the point where it

Customer Question

Have a GL450, pushed the hatch up past the point where it comes to rest and now it won't close
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Have already provided the model, the year is 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have read through the manual, there is no help there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if any hatch linkage is bent or damaged causing this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue as well as let me know if it makes any noises when trying to operate it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete