sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a m,ercedes ml 270 and the throttle works somtimes

Customer Question

i have a m,ercedes ml 270 and the throttle works somtimes and other times dosent respond at all ??
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 when the throttle dosent respond the epc light comes on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: light on the dashboard epc
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tried cleaning the sensors like maf and tried diagnostics, fault code flow meter , glow plugs . and throttle sensor 1 and 2 !
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If throttle input is being ignored it is almost surely due to an inaccurate throttle signal due to a sensor, connection or wiring problem. There are several things that can cause the engine to go into limp in and limit power but if there is no throttle response whatsoever then that should indicate a lack of accurate throttle signal to the engine controller.

The first thing that needs to be done is use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and go from there. Electrical testing is going to be required at the time the problem is happening to be able to diagnose the issue, monitoring live data with a scan tool may also be necessary.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!