Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications in Engine Repair, Manual Drivetrain and Axles, Suspension and Steering, and Heating and A/C.
49095596

Have a MB Sprinter 3.0 liter diesel 2014 def light is on and

Customer Question

Have a MB Sprinter 3.0 liter diesel 2014 def light is on and engine light ?
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Def is full ! Didn't run engine code no stall
JA: What year is your Sprinter?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we are on our way to California with a six month old baby in a View Winnebago and this starts happening ! It is 7:18 pm and we are in Roanoke Va.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just had service done yesterday oil change probably need to get codes run
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The first thing that needs to be done is to scan for codes. It is likely that there is a malfunction with the DEF system. I would definitely not drive it much further until you get it checked out. IF the DEF system is not repaired it can cause the vehicle to go into limp mode where you will only have a top speed of 5 mph.

I HIGHLY recommend to visit a dealer to have this checked out as you will need a factory level scan tool to be able to scan and clear the codes...

If you can have it scanned and post all codes here, I can offer my advise as to what may be wrong and can offer a second opinion on the dealership technician's diagnosis...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Robert , we did take it to a MB dealer and ran the codes . It took two nox scensors . All covered under warranty . MB took good care of me . We had nine starts left . Running great now ! Went all the wY to California !
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Cool, Glad you were able to get this fixed.

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

****Please remember, this expert will not be paid for his time and effort unless you "Rate" leaving a "Positive" rating of 3 Stars or better. Thanks in advance for a positive rating ****