Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

JUST BOUGHT AT MANHEIM AUCTION, RAN THROUGH AUCTION LINE,

Customer Question

JUST BOUGHT AT MANHEIM AUCTION, RAN THROUGH AUCTION LINE, WENT TO PICK UP WOULD NOT START TURN OVER BUT NOT START HAD IT TOW TO MY CAR LOT, MADE SURE WE HAD THE CORRECT BATTERY FULL CHARG 600 CCA RAISED HOOD WAS GOING TO CHECK FUSE FOR FUEL PUMP PULLED ON BREAKER EVERLYTHING WENT DEAD WILL NOT TURN OVER CAN NOT MOVE ALL WINDOWS WENT DOWN DOES NOTHING CAN NOT CHANGE GEARS NOTHING DEAD
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: YES SEVERAL TOOK THE ONE IN THE CAR REP-LACED WITH LIKE NEW INTERSTATE FOR BENZ
JA: What year is your 600?
Customer: SORRY IT IS 2000 S500
JA: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOT REALLY DO HAVE TWO MECHANIC ON SITE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOT REALLYY
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the small fuse block behind the passenger side trunk panel. It's located near the fuel filler neck. If part of that fuse is blown it will act this way. If the fuse is good you will probably need to replace the rear signal acquisition module located underneath the right rear seat cushion.

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Did you receive my reply?