Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Started the car after few months and ( convenience functions

Customer Question
temporarily unavailable) shows in...
started the car after few months and ( convenience functions temporarily unavailable) shows in the dash.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes the car starts and runs
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2005 sl500
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/10/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to low voltage on the main electronics battery in the trunk.Your vehicle uses 2 batteries,one for just the starter (under hood battery) and one for all other electronics in the trunk.The trunk battery can become discharged causing this issue or may be faulty needing replaced.I would have this battery re charged and tested to see if it needs replaced or just recharged.In some cases all that is needed is for it to be recharged to correct this issue here.IN other cases this message may go away on its own as the alternator charges the battery with the engine running but it is a good idea to have this checked into to make sure it is o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic