Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2009 passion 42 hatchbach latch will not work with key or

Customer Question

2009 passion 42 hatchbach latch will not work with key or button how to get open
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: electric latch and cannot find diagram of latch anywhere
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mercedes?
Customer: smartcar passion 2009 42
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and dont want to break anything but cant get hatch open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: need scematic of latch
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the door paneling itself has to be removed to then access the latch to try and manually trigger it to release it.This in allot of cases can damage the paneling to where it would need repaired or replaced after.This is also usually done this way by a shop, dealer or lock smith as well and has to be repaired or replaced after the removal.The most common cause for this fault here is the latch itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete