MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I've just moved to Canada and am importing my 2002 SL500. I

Customer Question

I've just moved to Canada and am importing my 2002 SL500. I need to have daytime running lights. I want/need to have my fog lights on automatically when the car is running. What do I need to do to have that happen? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

hi there my name is ***** ***** will try to help you on this

i am a canadian mechanic you can purchase a daytime running light module kit from napa auto parts

if you cannot do it your self it is about a one hour install by a shop

it comes with full instructions and normally mounts behind the grill

don

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

So is this a relay? Will it allow me to hook up my fog lights, bypassing the light switch and go directly to the ignition switch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I looked at the NAPA online catalog and I can't find one that fits my car. I looked on EBay but not sure what I'm looking for.

Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

hi there it hooks into the low beam cycle let me see if i can find it for you

don

Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1289266-canadian-ml-daytime-running-lights-conversion.html

here you n go i hope this helps

don

Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/city-of-toronto/0085456932-daytime-running-lights-relay-mercedes-benz/1116908114

Expert:  Don replied 5 months ago.

i checked napa they carry the daytime running lamp relay and harness just give them a call where are you located ?