Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery drain. Replaced the alternator, too. 2010 E350. I…

Customer Question
Battery drain Mechanic's Assistant:...

Battery drain

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yep. Replaced the alternator, too.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 E350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not. I had a local MB repair shop replace the alternator. I have an appt on Monday with Mercedes Benz South Charlotte

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
4/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached a procedure for you to follow that will locate the problem for you.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep
this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This information is readily available on line. I just wasted $31.00 to read what I have already read.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ha! On top of the 31 dollars you want me to pay you more? What a joke.

Then what kind of answer were you hoping for?

This is the way to locate the drain regardless how you get the information.

Our goal here is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. We may not always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but our job is to get you on
the right track, which we always do. We can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where we’re at, so your understanding of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical or miraculous
answers, but we do our best to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me?

Thanks again, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron