Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Going to replace the complete exhaust system on my 83 380sl.

I know I need to...
going to replace the complete exhaust system on my 83 380sl. I know I need to replace the o2 sensor(s) but I I don't know how many are onthe car
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes-Benz 380SL. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: For now I don't think so
3/25/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** 380SL only uses one oxygen sensor. The Bosch part number is ***** 027.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Thanks, ***** ***** are they listing this as an upstream (besides the fact that this is upstream of cat) makes me think there is a downstream o2 sensor, and is the OEM a single wire?

Because there is only an upstream sensor on this car. On the later cars they also use one behind the converter which would be called the downstream sensor.

And yes, it is a single wire sensor. The part number I gave you is for the universal sensor. You will need to cut the wire and crimp it to the existing wire. The OEM sensor is part number 002 542 12 18.

Thanks Marty, you've been a big help.Steve

You're quite welcome.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician