Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P2obd engine light on smell exhaust in side car, it said…

P2obd engine light on...

P2obd engine light on smell exhaust in side car

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

It said reductant heater circuit open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 r350 bluetec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just hadoil cooler replaced one day later e light came on

3/13/2017
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code set here is for the blue tec exhaust fluid tank heater.If there is wiring damage to this heater this will cause this fault or if the heater itself has failed it will cause the issues here.This can cause a stronger exhaust smell as well here.I would have the repairs re checked that were done to make sure no wiring was pinched or damaged as this can occur during a repair like this.If any damage is found I would see if the facility that did the repairs will cover repairing this fault as they should.

If no wiring faults are found most likely the reductant tank heater needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will i cause moore damage driveing the car

This can cause issues with the exhaust staying clean and not plugging up which can lead to an expensive repair so it is best to have this looked into further to locate if this is broken wiring or a faulty sensor needing replaced.I would have this looked into and repaired soon.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic