Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I NEED TO RESET THE BLUE TEC START THE SHUTOFF COUNT DOWN

I NEED TO RESET THE BLUE TEC START THE SHUTOFF COUNT DOWN CAN I GET THE PROCESURE IS 2012 GL350 DIESEL I REPLACE THE HEATER AND THE COSTUMER COME BACK WITH THAT COUNTDOWN IS THE FIRST TIME I WORK ON THIS KIND A MERCEDEZ HOW MUCH TO GET THE PROCESURE OR I NEED SCANNER I HAVE SNAPON BUT DOSNT WORK
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: NO
JA: What is the model of your '12 Mercedes?
Customer: ML350
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WELL IS COSTUMER VEHICLE I DO NOT WORK TO MUCH ON MERCEDEZ I REPLACE THE BLUE TEC HEATER
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: JUST TO RESET THE COUNTDOWN PROCESURE

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the only way to reset the counter is to have the cdi module reflashed and also the scr unit. once the countdown is started the system is locked down. there is no other option then to have a star diagnostic scanner hooked up that can do the flashing and scn coding over the internet to diamler aftersales. you will have to have the sprinter taken to a sprinter dealer. Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
THANK YOU

no problem, wish there was an easier way but mercedes made this system very un user friendly.