Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2001 Mercedes c220 cdi exhaust fumes coming from turbo and a

lot of soot in that...
2001 Mercedes c220 cdi exhaust fumes coming from turbo and a lot of soot in that area, car also goes into limp mode, I recently added a fuel and cat cleaner to the fuel, Is it possible this has blocked the cats causing exhaust gasses to escape from the turbo area, I have noticed very little exhaust pressure at the tail pipe.
1/2/2017
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is very possible that there is a restricted component in the exhaust causing some exhaust back pressure which can cause the soot and fumes here as well as low exhaust pressure.I have seen where a cleaner like this here can cause debris to break up in the exhaust plugging exhaust components.

I would have the exhaust checked/tested to see if any components are found restricted in any way needing replaced.Catalytic converter is the most common to restrict or an exhaust resonator.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic