Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I left my headlight on killed battery replaced with new

Customer Question
battery and it cranks but...
I left my headlight on killed battery replaced with new battery and it cranks but won't start?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yep new battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 99 ml 320
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced dead battery with new one turns over won't fire?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/1/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Most likely the alarm system glitched , can you try to lock and unlock the doors with the fob and then try and start it ?

Ok will do
I tried my fob to lock and unlock engine still won't start?
What is wrong?

ok, does the car start and run and then die or does it not run at all?

Start run and die now it's just won't start up on either key?

ok, if it starts and runs then dies then its def a security anti theft immobilizer issue, the fact that it wont start at all now is a safety after multiple attempts.

turn the key on and use a test light and check all the fuses in the driver side engine bay fuse box. see if any fuses popped or if there are any fuses without power , let me know if there are and the numbers of the fuses ( not the amp rating) and i will check a wiring diagram and see if we can locate a power source failure, if we cannot then the car will need to go to a dealer to get checked with a mercedes scan tool. Lou P.

another thing i want you to try is to insert the key into the ignition, do not turn the car on, just insert the key, then undo the negative cable, wait a few minutes, and reconnect the cable and tighten, then see if the car will start . Lou P.

Tried still does not start thinking could it need a new key?
Engine
Run fine
One day stalls
Won't start
Try other key engine
fires stalls
Later fires up
With other key
Now. Not starting?

Don't you have 2 keys ?and the same result with both ? If so then now it's needing to be diagnosed with a Mercedes scan tool .

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician