Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I left my headlight on killed battery replaced with new

Customer Question

I left my headlight on killed battery replaced with new battery and it cranks but won't start?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yep new battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 99 ml 320
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced dead battery with new one turns over won't fire?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Most likely the alarm system glitched , can you try to lock and unlock the doors with the fob and then try and start it ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok will do
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried my fob to lock and unlock engine still won't start?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is wrong?

ok, does the car start and run and then die or does it not run at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Start run and die now it's just won't start up on either key?

ok, if it starts and runs then dies then its def a security anti theft immobilizer issue, the fact that it wont start at all now is a safety after multiple attempts.

turn the key on and use a test light and check all the fuses in the driver side engine bay fuse box. see if any fuses popped or if there are any fuses without power , let me know if there are and the numbers of the fuses ( not the amp rating) and i will check a wiring diagram and see if we can locate a power source failure, if we cannot then the car will need to go to a dealer to get checked with a mercedes scan tool. Lou P.

another thing i want you to try is to insert the key into the ignition, do not turn the car on, just insert the key, then undo the negative cable, wait a few minutes, and reconnect the cable and tighten, then see if the car will start . Lou P.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried still does not start thinking could it need a new key?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Engine
Run fine
One day stalls
Won't start
Try other key engine
fires stalls
Later fires up
With other key
Now. Not starting?

Don't you have 2 keys ?and the same result with both ? If so then now it's needing to be diagnosed with a Mercedes scan tool .

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉