Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Have a 2007 r350. I can't get the key to move to second

Customer Question

Have a 2007 r350. I can't get the key to move to second position and the fob no longer open / closes doors. Checked car battery and fuses. All good. Any suggestions?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: Huh - funny you should say that. We saw fluid under car two days ago but assumed it was comdesation as we were running AC
JA: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We checked voltage on battery and was good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also checked fuses -
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Chad

how are you ,you are very welcome

1- we need to check the oil level is good ? how much oil we talking here ?

2- if oil level is good ,& u checked battery & fused lets try this below procedure first & we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you think if I replaced battery it would reset?

do you have 1 or 2 key keys ,have you tried 2nd one

if above procedure did not work ,the you need a factory scanner to retrieve fault codes .

could be key fob, change battery

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also - could battery fluid leak but still show voltage?

take out battery ,put under load local parts store, is it holding 12 volts,under load u will know if battery good

low voltage will cause this too

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes to narrow it down if above did not work

unfortunately

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat