Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Heater blows cool air dial set on 85, yes coolant is ok see

Customer Question

heater blows cool air dial set on 85
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: yes coolant is ok see no leaks in radiator. very little liquid under front end of car
JA: What is the model of your '85 Mercedes?
Customer: 88 300se
JA: Are you fixing your 300SE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have changed auxiliary pump fuse mono valve temperature switch
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Locate and feel both heater core hoses to see with the engine warmed up and running and heater on high heat if both hoses feel warm to hot to the touch and the same in temperature feel.If one feels much cooler then the other this is usually caused by a plugged up heater core needing flushed out or replaced.If you have already replaced the mono valve make sure the valve wiring is o.k.If both hoses are hot and the valve and auxiliary pump were replaced this issue can be caused by a fault with the heater/ac control on the dash itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete