Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My 2001 E-320 just shuts down when driving

Customer Question

my 2001 E-320 just shuts down when driving
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
after I pull on the side of the road and try to start again, don't want to start. two weeks ago a mechanic replaced the crank sensor then was running good and happened again. maybe after 4 hours car would start.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- let him check the pins inside that ckp sensor connector for any backed out pins making a poor intermittent connection.

2- Was it scanned with A Mercedes Star scanner & all modules scanned ?

3- was an OEM sensor or advance auto ,auto zone aftermarket part

4- when the car don't start at that moment did he check for fuel & spark & confirmed what is he missing,we needs these 2 things to stay running

5- what is the mileage on E320 ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My mehanic will check the crank sensor again, yes it was an oem part and he will rescan again, l'll let you know after he checks what you recommend

yes please do

I m online daily from 10 am till late

1-also the fault code numbers & also ask him to unplug the mass air flow sensor while the car running does the engine stumbles when he does

it will set a check engine light and code for mass air flow sensor , but he can plug sensor back in and clear the code and it will go away if nothing wrong with it

Just reply back when ready and we will continue

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
87,ooo miles

that is low mile for the year .

ok thanks